Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

One in a Chameleon...

This image was a freebie called 'One in a Chameleon' by Lawn Fawn that came with my mail order.  I felt the sentiment that came with it is perfect for my Grand-daughter's Valentine.  My 14 y.o. neighbor, Gena, made the great background after a lesson on using a straw to blow alcohol inks on glossy paper.   The background became the inspiration for the card.  It reminded me of a beam of sunlight peeking thru the clouds - perfect for a Chameleon warming itself on a stump. The little stamp set has only the one limb on which he is standing - I drew the rest of the tree stump attached to it.  The Copic colors for my lizard were matched to the background, it was fussy cut and glued down so he was in the full sun.  The panel adheres to the white card base which had been embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The diagonal lines mimic the sunbeam lines in the sky.  A tiny 'diamond' was centered in his eye.
The sentiment was mounted on 
a slender strip of the background 
cut off the front panel.
Inside
 I had already started a personal note 
before I took the photo - so I 
cropped out my message.

 CHALLENGES:

Through the Craft Room Door - ATG Always
Sweet Stampin' – Anything BUT a Birthday
Crafting From the Heart -#193 ATG Always
Addicted to Stamps & More -#278– Holiday
Crafty Sentiments – ATG
Aud Sentiments - #196 – Love Sentiment
Penny's Challenge #366 – ATG
Inspiration Destination #143 – ATG
Aurora Wings #63 – ATG
Crafty Girls Creations – #44 - ATG Always
Pile it On #139 – 3D Embellishments [stitching]

Create wildly and color with abandon!  
~ginny

11 comments:

  1. This is just adorable and such a brilliant design, Ginny! That chameleon is adorable (I had one name Christopher when I was young) and the stump is so well done. LOVE that fab background (woohoo, Gena!) and the ray of light was exactly what I thought of when I saw your card. Beautiful coloring, as well. Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous colour palette and great image Ginny! Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Aurora Wings.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collaborative effort, Ginny! You and Gena have a fine card here. Love your coloring to match the background and your drawn tree to accompany the limb is perfect; it looks like it is part of the stamp!!! What a great sentiment, too. Another stunner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha this is simply brilliant! Lovely colouring too,

    Thanks for showing us some love at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 366 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Through the craft room door this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ASTM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ginny, sorry I'm so late popping in to comment. I've done something to my left arm - the doctor thinks it's a nerve so have been trying not to use it a lot.
    Love the fab background your neighbour made for you and the cute litte Chameleon. A wonderful card. Thanks for entering your card at Aud Sentiment Challenge Blog.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card. Thanks for playing with as at Pile it On. I'm sorry for late commenting, but I had a really hectic couple of weeks. Hope to see your project again on our next challenge comming up. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny